1 Timothy 1:12-17
12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
I love the humility Paul has in this passage. He says that the Lord gave him strength, considered him trustworthy, and appointed him to his service. God showed him mercy. God poured out grace and gave him the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
Jesus did what He did to save sinners. He take the worst of the worst and makes them clean so He can use them for His glory. This is so incredible. My purpose of posting this scripture and this message is not to live in shame for past scars. Look what Paul said. He was the worst, yet God used that to show His great patience and power. Do not resist the Lord because you are unclean, run to Him to make you clean so that His name may be glorified. God knows what has and is happening in your life and wants nothing more than for you to come to Him. If you feel weak, then God will give you strength. If you feel like your not good enough, the Lord considers you trustworthy with his work. If you don't know what to do, the Lord will appoint you to His service. If you feel like you don't deserve it, God will shower you with grace and mercy. Don't live in a shameful past, but constantly give thanks for God's mercy and praise Him that He is able to use sinners like us in the world.
Guys I have had prayers I've been praying for 2 years be answered. I've seen my God change lives. God has shown me what love really looks like. You don't have to be super-intelligent or specific gifts to do the work of the Lord. God made you exactly how He wanted you to be. I know for me seminary is going to open incredible doors for God to work, but it isn't necessary to do the work of the Lord. God alone changes lives. God's simple truths of how to love and the demonstration of love He gave us are more than enough. Just obey His truths to the best of your understanding and pray constantly and He will use you for His glory. You know why? Because He loves His creation and wants to save sinners. Everyone loves the phrase if God is for us who can be against us, but I think we need to constantly remind ourselves that God is for us. When we give our lives to Him, He always wants what's best for us. And what's best for us is to glorify Him on this earth, and to completely rely on Him so that we may worship Him forever.
I'm not the most dynamic speaker or writer. I don't know the Bible as well as I should. I oftentimes shy away from evangelistic opportunities. I still rely on myself many times, instead of asking God for guidance. Yet, I have such a passion for God. He is teaching me how to love people and offer grace to others. He is teaching me how to serve and give my life to what He has called me to do. So in all my weakness and brokenness, God is using me in incredible ways. I'll never stop boasting about this. God has never let me down or given up on me. I will joyfully serve Him with my entire life. Once you realize that everything you have is a gift from God, only what He gives you will last, and that He can take the smallest thing and use it for His eternal glory, then there is no room for any selfish ambitions. No matter who you are, or what you do, God can use you in incredible ways. He wants to use you in incredible ways. So why don't you just let Him? He is so faithful and so patient with us. Don't give back because you feel obligated, give your life to Him because there is no one else that loves you like He does and will always be faithful to you.
I love ya'll so much and I don't just say that every post. I know many of you who read this and you have made a difference in my life. I'm praying for all of you and just know that God is doing a mighty work in this very day. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment