Monday, September 12, 2011

Seeing Visions

Like most people my college years had a huge impact on molding me into the person that I am.  Most of you probably know that I had random roommates my freshman year and one of them ended up being one of my best friends.  Now I first want to say that we should constantly praise God for the things He puts in our life that lead us closer to Him.  So I want to praise Him for all my roomies.  Zane, Greg, and Nick have had a huge impact on my life and I have been given such a blessing by being able to live with those guys.

Now Zane and I lived together for 4 years.  Like most friendships we stuck it out through the good and the bad times.  Then we really started seeking God together and undergoing this sanctification process.  Somewhere in the whole scheme of things (I really don't remember when it first came up) we came up with this vision.  He is a very intelligent, gifted person in med school at UAB.  I have no doubt that he will be a very successful surgeon one day (God-willing).  He is very organized and an extremely diligent worker.  I on the other hand have a tendency to have big ideas.  I like to connect people and put visions together.  This combined to form this idea and we used to just joke about it because we thought it would be fun.

So we had this idea to start a medical clinic and provide affordable healthcare to those who really needed it.  We would instill Christian values throughout our organization and put God first in all of our business.  I would take care of the corporate aspect, Zane would take care of the medical.  We used to sit and just talk about where all of our friends would fit in.  When people would ask about our future aspirations, I began to tell some of them about this big dream.  The more we talked about it, the more ideas we had.  The more ideas we had, the more we started believing in this vision.

I tell you this because in one of my classes I have to put together a ministry proposal.  I am about to put a whole semester of work into developing this mission.  It will not be accomplished till about 10 years down the road, but my prayer is that it will become a reality.  We are planning to set up a for profit and a non-profit medical clinic in a needy unchurched community.  We are seeking to be able to provide them with a solution to their needs physically as well as spiritually.  We are going to have employees of great character whose heart is to minister to the lost.  We also wish to plant a church to be able to grow those who come to faith in Christ.  What I am trying to say is that I am about to go to work to make this dream a reality.

So I just wanted to inform you.  I want you to pray for this vision.  It is going to take years of prayer and strategic vision along with the power of the Holy Spirit to accomplish it.  I plan to give a more detailed plan (after my ministry proposal is complete) sometime around Christmas in Chelsea.  Brother John if you read this I'll probably be coming to you soon to try and organize this.  If God continues to stir this in our hearts and gives us the capabilities He will see it through.

Lastly, I want to encourage you guys that no vision is too big.  If God is stirring something in your heart then act on it.  Live by faith that He will see it through.  I guarantee you and others will grow closer to Him in the process.  Expect many more details because I am pumped about this.  And if you talk to Zane and he seems shocked I haven't told him I'm posting this.  But I know we are serious about using our God given gifts to glorify Him who gave them to us.

Love you guys so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment