I went to church tonight and the guy told a story on the power of love. He said during the Roman Empire when Marcus Aurelius was in power, Rome experienced many plagues. Upon many people being deathly ill, many of the pagan people fled and tossed their sick ones out on the street to die. However, many Christians stayed and took care of the sick and ministered to them about Christ. Almost all of them took on the disease themselves because they were around the sick people, but they died serenely happy because they were serving and offering love to others. Because of this sacrificial love people were blown away. The culture completely changed in Rome and a reformation started.
Everyone in the world is seeking love and everyone in this world has hurt and pain that we don't know about. Pray daily for a love for people. Pour out everything you have in loving others and see how God provides for you in the process. In order to share the Gospel or disciple others or anything else, your heart has to be overflowing with love. I just want to share how thankful I am for the love shown to me in my life. I don't know who all reads this thing, but from my family to my friends to my church to the people in Dallas I feel more loved than anyone else in the world. There is no greater encouragement and it is so powerful. So take this as an encouragement to you. I could individually name everyone, but it would take me forever. But at the same time I don't want you to take this as a generalization and take it lightly. The love I have received from my family, friends, and church has spurred me on so much in my faith and molded me into the person I am. I know what it is to love others, because I have received so much love. So I genuinely thank God for all of you that He put in my life.
Keep on demonstrating that love to others and see how present the Holy Spirit is in your life. See what God does through your community if you are giving your life to loving Him and His people. Love is more powerful than you could ever imagine and people need it so much. They want it so much. So take a good look at your relationships and see if you are pouring love into them. If not, ask God for help. I guarantee He will change your heart and change lives. Love you guys and I'll try to start posting more frequently.
No comments:
Post a Comment