So I just wanted to share a cool story that happened.
A bunch of guys go eat at this place called Taco Joint every Friday. If you know me, I like weekly eating traditions and we have a good group that goes every week. Well this particular Friday it felt so nice outside we decided to walk. We went and ate and had a great time as always. Then we began walking back to our apartments.
Well let me backtrack for a bit. And this is only one of many answered prayers I have experienced so if you want to hear more just let me know. For my Spiritual Life class, part of my curriculum is to keep a prayer journal and then to see how God has answered those prayers over the course of the semester. In my Evangelism class we have to do these interviews with non-Christians and later in the semester we have to do Gospel presentations with them. So I wrote in my journal and have been praying hard that I would have opportunities to meet non-believers and to have a sincere heart when sharing with them. I am so surrounded by seminary and church life its difficult sometimes. So a couple people asked me stuff they could be praying for and I told them. But the crazy thing is I had just talked to Allison on the phone and when she asked I told her we had these Gospel presentations coming up and just to pray that I would have opportunities and a heart to share.
So back to the story. We are making our little 5 minute walk back home and I am kind of in the back of the pack. We walk past an elderly woman and a middle-aged woman. When I pass I hear the elderly woman say, "Are you learning to be a preacher?" I could barely hear her, but I turned around and she asked again. I told her that I was in seminary and everything. She said, "This is my daughter and she doesn't know who Jesus is. Would you mind telling her who Jesus is?" One of my friends had pulled back with me and I was like this can't be happening. So I shared the Gospel with her. We asked questions to make sure she understood her grace and what the only way to have eternal life is. She was kind of quiet but very focused on what we were saying. So the elderly woman asked me if I would tell her the prayer of salvation so she could repeat it. I wasn't sure exactly what I should do, so I just prayed. She said now do the prayer of salvation. I looked to my friend to bail me out because I was at a loss. He said you know that a prayer you pray won't bring you salvation right? He asked if she believed that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and on the third day rose from the dead? She said yes. He said do you believe that you are a sinner destined for hell, but can gain eternal life by receiving this free gift Jesus has given us? She said yes I believe. He asked her if she would put her entire trust in Jesus, making Him Lord of her life. She said yes I put my trust in Him. So my friend walked her through a prayer and she repeated it. Now we just have to trust in the work of the Holy Spirit. How awesome and faithful is our God though? When asking for an opportunity to share with a non-believer I get flagged down and told to share the Gospel with someone.
God is so good. Rely on Him daily. As you ask and trust Him more He will prove to be more faithful then you could ever imagine. I love you guys and I hope you have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment