Friday, September 9, 2011

The Early Church

Acts 2:42-47 "All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord's Supper), and to prayer.  A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders.  And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had.  They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need.  They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord's Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity- all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people.  And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved."

We talked about these verses in one of my classes today and a joy just overwhelmed me.  Now I am not saying that anything is ever perfect or a bed of roses, but people who think that this kind of body of Christ is impossible are wrong.  I have experienced a group that would sacrifice anything for each other.  A group that daily worshiped the Lord together.  A group that broke bread together and had an awe for Christ.  We had issues, but I have never had such a growth in my spiritual journey.  And the Lord added to our number.  Everything in faith rests on our love for God and letting that love pour out into others.  What greater love is there then giving yourself up for someone else.  Don't seek out this group.  Be that person that graciously lays their life down for others.  Rely on the Holy Spirit to just transform your personality and the way you approach people.  God is so good!  This scripture isn't to show us how the old church was so great.  It is a model of what we ought to embrace today.  I don't necessarily know what my path is going to be and what my "ministry" will become.  But I know there is so much wisdom in the Word of God.  And I know  that He will give me everything I need in this life and He will lead me.  And I love my Lord and Savior so much.  I'm going to screw up, but I pray that I run to Him for everything.  Just be encouraged that in all the brokenness of the world there is so much hope.  We are instruments of change.  Through the Spirit's power we are going to bring God's kingdom here on this earth.  There is nothing in the world that can keep you from having this unspeakable joy.  Please God protect us against the enemy so that we will never be hindered in our pursuit of You!

I love you guys so much.  And I don't even really know what this rant was but I am so excited about what God is doing.  I got to talk to one of my buds from home and she has such a passion for God and it is so encouraging.  God is going to do a might work while we are here on this earth.  Just be overwhelmed by the God  you serve and represent Him right where you are.  The world will never be the same.  Stand firm until that day because our Lord will come back for us.  Once again love you guys and can't wait to hear what God's doing in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment