So Elyse encouraged me to start a blog. So I'm just going to get out whatever is going on in that big old head of mine so here it goes.
I believe my God is sovereign, all-powerful, and almighty. He changes lives. I bet most people who are reading this would agree with me. God heals broken lives, He gives peace to restless souls, He strengthens those who are weak. Yet believers stay broken, are constantly anxious, and will do whatever it takes to gain strength on our own. We are constantly being devoured by the enemy who tells us we are undeserving and makes us worry. Take faith that God is the God of peace, strength, and redemption. Become weak so He can make you strong. Cast your burdens upon Him and know that a sovereign God has your life in His hands. Admit that you are sick and in desperate need of healing from an Almighty God. God will graciously give to those who ask, and our Heavenly Father wants so badly for you to run into His arms and take all your worries away. Seek Him.
In order to gain life you must lose it. In order to be freed from the bondage of sins, we must submit our entire lives to God. Yet, we do not commit ourselves as slaves because we are ruled by fear. We make ourselves slaves because our Master, through His overwhelming grace, has saved us. He will never forsake us and lead us to eternal joy and riches that we cannot imagine. He is worthy to be our master and I pray that we commit our lives to His glory alone for that is the reason we exist.
We are like sheep. Sheep never question where the Shepherd is taking them, good or bad. They blindly follow. Those that stray are devoured by predators unless the Good Shepherd brings them back to the herd. Seek the Shepherd so that you may be brought back to the path of righteousness. Know that under His care not only can the enemy not touch you, but he will flee with fear and trembling. Trust the Shepherd no matter where He takes you. And know that even though you are going to be slaughtered, the Good Shepherd resurrects and brings everlasting life.
Isaiah 53:6- We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; but the Lord laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
When you find rest in the Lord, He will give you everything you need and take care of you. I want to conclude with a passage from Philippians 1:3-11. I feel like this is my heart and prayer for you guys.
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending the and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ- to the glory and praise of God."
Love you guys.
:-)awesome start! Love ya!
ReplyDelete