I am about 40 pages out of finishing a book called Grace Awakening by Charles Swindoll. I won't get into it's full depth but it is a great book and has inspired some thoughts.
I simply want to tell that God is extending His grace to you at this very moment. You are already walking in grace because He made you everything you are. But this free gift of eternal salvation is waiting on you and upon accepting it, you are no longer enslaved to sin and death. You are probably thinking well duh Alex I have heard this a gazillion times. I'll respond with this. We are always going to serve a master. When we break away from sin as our master and turn to God, we are set free and created new by grace. Not only does that mean we don't deserve it, but it also means its free. There isn't some lofty spiritual life we have to live up to. It is a gift which means it free. So we have freedom to live however we want. Well if this is true how do people learn to live Godly lives? The love of Christ compels them. God becomes the master. The Holy Spirit will begin to convict and shape lives. Stop being so judgmental as to condemn the young believer as soon as he is set free! I am not saying that discipleship and teaching is not important, but do so with grace. Have patience and a lot of prayer. For do we not all revert back to sin at some point or another? I don't want this to be guilt ridden in the least bit. I just want you to see that as new creations we are set free from our chains by grace alone. Offer that same grace in your ministry. Don't be quick to point out people who dress different, worship different, talk different, or even interpret scripture different. God made us different and has a plan for our differences. Just hold firm to the truth and be gracious in every season. For when we see our relationship with God as rules and expectations we must live up to, we undermine the beauty and love that was demonstrated by grace. You will fall back into sin, but hold firm and the Spirit inside of you will battle sin and eventually you will be free. For where sin abounds, grace abounds more. And the grace of our Savior will cover over a multitude of sins. So where sin if finite, grace is infinite. If you repent to our Heavenly Father you will be forgiven. Enjoy freedom and love your God for He knows what is best for you. Praise Him everyday for His grace and let Him begin to do a mighty work in your life. Be patient with others and be patient with yourself and trust that He who began a good work in you will carry it on into completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6). Trust God to be faithful and fall in love with His grace as you let that manifest in your life.
By the way I had a job interview today for a finance tutoring position. Pay and hours would be perfect plus I would get to build relationships with college students. I got a 2nd interview so please just lift that up in prayer and let me know if there's anyway I can help you.
Love ya'll more then you know. Stay strong in your faith because you will impact this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment