Sorry I have been a slacker, but I'm going to get my blog rolling again. In Mark 2:17 Jesus tells the Pharisees that, "Healthy people don't need a doctor, sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners." This was His response after the Pharisees were questioning why He was eating with Levi and the other tax collectors.
First a couple of observations. Only sick people need a doctor. People are not stated as righteous, they only think that they are righteous. And Jesus came to call sinners.
You know what unbelievers can't stand the most within the church? Hypocrites. You know what Jesus couldn't stand the most? Hypocrites. Jesus wants to transform us from the inside out, not look pretty on the outside and be empty on the inside.
I personally want to live above reproach, as the Bible tells me too, and I strive to do so. I want to be a strong leader that is building up the body of Christ. Yet, if I put off the impression that I have it all figured out I apologize. I struggle daily with trying to discern what God wants for my life, if I'm living for myself or glorifying God, or just what is the right thing to do in daily situations. Praise God for that. This forces me to go to the Bible for answers. This forces me to cry out to God because I have no idea of where to go. All I know is that I want to glorify God and I have to trust that He will lead me there. I didn't come to Seminary and get all the answers. I live my life trying to love God and love people and trusting that He will be faithful in that. That's all I really know to do.
So don't let Satan defeat you in your struggle. STAND firm until the end knowing that you serve a Lord who loves sinners and will gladly come to you when your broken. We are only strangers in a foreign land. So like the Israelites wondering in the wilderness, we are merely living here temporarily until we are called to our permanent home in heaven.
We all have a purpose in our life. We don't always know the clear cut way to do everything, but God is beckoning for us to come into relationship with Him. Questions are okay, but always remain faithful knowing God hears your cries. Sit down and find your rest in Him. God holds everything together and you can find all the comfort you need in that. Struggling is normal and will continue to happen, simply realize we are sick and need a doctor.
And those of you who think you are righteous and have it all together, I would check yourself. I'm just saying that there are a lot of uncertainties in life and we need God. Realizing that we are sinners in need of God is humbling, and by doing so we can truly consider others better than ourselves and genuinely love God's people. God is good and will help us in our time of need.
Love you guys. Keep praying that God would use us to do incredible things for His glory. Keep in mind the price Jesus paid for the penalty of our sins, and if that doesn't humble you than nothing will. Have a great week! And pray that Hud and Constance have a beautiful wedding and marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment