Once Brad and Elyse have a baby, the baby will consume almost all of their time. Will they be able to come over and just hang out till late at night? I doubt it. Will they be able to make it to last minute dinner plans? Probably not. Does this mean they care any less about their friends and family? Not one bit. We need to embrace change and help those as they adapt to new circumstances. God beautifully designed creation mindful that we are going to mature and changes are going to take place in our life. So my first big tip is to truly be happy and supportive of your friends. Whether they are getting married or having a child or taking on a new job or whatever, don't let your selfish desire prevent them from enjoying the next season. They will prioritize their spouse, child, or doing well with their new job and the more you make them feel guilty the more they will push away. So please just enjoy the time you spend together, and in the midst of their stress be the friend that helps them through this new time. They will never forget.
Secondly, remember that God is faithful through every season of life. Circumstances may change, but God is still the same. Remember the times He has gotten you through tough times where you we were worried and anxious. God is going to use you in every season, so be confident and rest on Him. Change isn't as scary and is even more exciting when you look at the Creator Who is in control.
Lastly, learn from those who are experiencing these changes before you. Figure out some of the hard parts of marriage before you get married. I plan on spending a lot of time with Brad and Elyse's kid, one because I love them and want to be a part of His life, and two I want to have a better understanding of how to take care of a kid if I ever have one. It will be different no doubt, but I will learn things as well that will prepare me for the future.
I know these things are pretty straightforward, but they are things to keep in mind. I am excited for all my friends and family back home even though I don't get to see ya'll as much. I am praying for you though and just keep trusting in the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment